In observation of the one year release of The Last Jedi, the members of the Star Wars Shadow Council recall our reactions to the movie and how our views have changed over the past year. In part II, we look remember our first reactions to seeing the movie.
In observation of the one year release of The Last Jedi, the members of the Star Wars Shadow Council recall our reactions to the movie and how our views have changed over the past year. In today’s article, we talk about how we became fans and our hopes going into the movie.
The rumors are true: Star Wars Shadow Council is jumping on the bandwagon and starting our very own podcast. And not just because we want to hear ourselves talk–we want to hear from you, our lovely readers, and delve into the questions that are burning in your minds. That’s right, we’ll be soliciting questions from you guys that we will then discuss on the show, in a roundtable format, and hopefully come up with some insightful (or at least amusing) solutions to your Star Wars quandaries. Want to know our thoughts on Supreme Leader Snoke? Curious what we think will become of Finn and the burgeoning stormtrooper rebellion? Want to hear us debate about what color lightsaber Rey should have? Our inboxes are open to you. The only rules are:
- Try to ask open-ended questions, ones that you think can be discussed for 30 minutes or so.
- Please use a sign-off–a name, nickname, or even an old-timey advice column type title like “Troubled on Tatooine” works–so that we know how to address you on the show if you choose to otherwise submit anonymously.
- Submit questions through one of the following channels: Tumblr asks (not chat), Facebook messages, Twitter DMs, or email us at email@example.com
We’re going to start on a once-monthly schedule, and see how it goes. So start sending those questions in–the sooner we get some good ‘uns, the sooner we can get started answering them!
Per feedback and discussion, we’re going to implement the following spoiler policy:
- Our WordPress blog will contain movie spoilers starting December 15th in clearly marked posts.
- Our Social Media accounts, including Tumblr, will refrain from featuring spoilers until January 1st.
- This moratorium includes answering questions or reblogging content containing spoilers. DMs are fine.
May the Force be with you!
-Star Wars Shadow Council